Overview of New Functions and Improvements
• Over modulations are now displayed directly in the individual audio samples and in the normal sound envelope.
• When trimming audio samples, you can now choose whether you hear the sound of the sample itself, or that of the original recording.
• Audio samples can now also be moved or trimmed with an optional 4-image preview.
• When moving envelope anchor points, the appropriate video still will also be displayed. (in timeline view)
• When editing the sound envelope, several points can now be moved simultaneously. (with PowerKey)
• The sound sample list can now be sorted alphabetically or by duration.
• It is now not only possible to mute individual sound tracks, but also to adjust their volume separately. The changes will be applied in real-time and in the finalized project.
• Silent samples now have an IN and OUT range of 5 seconds. This allows you to adjust them later on.
• Just as in the Edit menu, you can now also use the Range button when dubbing to freely navigate in the Storyboard. (if there is no sound sample active)
• Sound samples can also be assigned to groups and be displayed in groups.
• It is now possible to create Audio-CDs of up 80 minutes duration. (appropriate CD-type must be used)
• Button to switch between Storyboard and Timeline view.
• When importing footage from e.g. USB (AVCHD...) there is now an option to determine whether all imported clips should be stored as a single long scene or as separate scenes.
• When importing, the contents of the storage medium can be shown in a simple scene list (files) as before, or in the original folder structure (directory).
• Some new formats are now compatible for importing into the system. (Flash-videos...)
• When importing, the file selection will now display a preview image. This can be displayed in full screen size.
• It is now possible to set adjust the image (brightness, contrast...) and the audio (sound volume) when importing AVCHD footage.
• The Timeline view now allows playing video in the preview window to the right of the Timeline while simultaneously displaying a moving marker and updating the display.
• You can work faster thanks to the small right trackball button that allows direct access to several operations. (play, trim, delete, rename, info...)
• It is now possible to search for scenes by entering a name or part of a name in the scene bin, the list of sound samples and the Storyboard/Timeline. (with PowerKey)
• Scenes can now be exported directly from the Edit menu to an external medium or a CD/DVD.
• Images can be sent directly from a scene or the Storyboard to the photo archive.
• Storyboards that have been exported in HD format can now also be re-imported. Editing information and scene names will also be taken into account.
• When playing a scene or the Storyboard, the decibel level will now also be displayed.
• Until now, the preset buttons were configured with fixed effect durations. They can now be configured freely.
• It is now also possible to activate the real-time preview directly from the single frame preview.
• The duration of effects can now also be modified. (faster, slower)
• A grid can be used to set the positioning menu of an effect. (ex. Rectangle Wipe)
• In the title-screen you can now choose to use either the standard titler or the optional Title-Studio.
• You can now determine yourself which effects are positioned as favorites at the start of the effect list.
• The reference color for "White balance" can now also be selected from any scene still and even from a different scene.
• The creation of HDV when finalizing can be done in the background. This way, it is possible to work on another project in the meantime. (option available after creating effects)
• For higher screen resolutions, it is now possible to change the size of the scene image, to switch the scene bin between one line and multi line and to use a larger mouse pointer.
• The screen color settings can now also be used to change the color of the text and the color saturation of the operation controls.
• It is now possible to determine the screen area used for operation controls. The menus are better adapted to the different resolutions.
• The sound that is played at the end of the rendering of longer projects can now be changed separately.
• The DVD tray can now be opened with a button in the main menu or by pressing the F4 key on an external keyboard.
• The NTFS file system is now also supported for external hard disks. (export, project environments)
• When backing up Archives, data created by extension products will also be saved, if they support it. (Title-Studio...)
• You can now also import your own images from CD/DVD/USB into the Image Pool. Partially transparent images (alpha channel) are also supported. A new operator (Pattern 2) can be used to insert them.
Bogart 4 can only be installed on stationary devices with 1 GB RAM or more
Subject to modifications and errors without prior notice.
Casablanca Expert Chet Davis highlights the new features & functions of the Bogart 4 Operating System for the Casablanca S-series of digital video editors.